Far from being a typical Mallorcan house, Sa Cova owes its peculiar colonial-style appearance to a former owner who, after spending some time in Calcutta in the late 19th century in connection with the salt business, returned to Mallorca and refurbished it to give it its present unique appearance.
The house, with its combination of luxurious surroundings and simple interiors, comfortably accommodates up to 14 adults. Four full bathrooms, two toilets and the large rustic kitchen with its wood stove complement the comfort of the house, but the most unique spaces are undoubtedly the conservatory with the huge Mallorcan shutters, the dining room with wood-paneled walls and the living room with its hydraulic floor and wood-burning fireplace.
The large west porch, with the white terrace and the swimming pool, enjoy the best place in the whole house.
Book your stay in the Tramuntana Mountains
“Absolutely beautiful house with unreal nature around it. Cute sheep and goats and a donkey. Lots of space. We were 3 families with children. Great pool with amazing ocean view. The kitchen is great for cooking big meals. The ocean is magical! You walk down a path and stairs and jump in from the rocks, in the morning you have it all to yourself. The owners are very helpful. The road to the house is narrow and windy, but it is worth it for such quiet and untouched beauty. We stayed for two weeks and loved it.”
“This is the most magical family home in Mallorca. We stayed here for 10 days for a small family wedding, and it was the best decision we made. The view is absolutely stunning and the house itself is gorgeous, comfortable, and charming. You have an incredible pool with a postcard-perfect view; we swam, listened to the family sheep walk around, played ping-pong, enjoyed quiet mornings reading, and cooked together on the patio every night. It’s a great walk to two swimming spots and to a town with lunch and drink spots. We cannot recommend this place enough, and Marc and Kristin–the owners–are fabulous and super communicative. They made sure we had everything we needed and welcomed us warmly to their family home. We will absolutely be back!”
“This place has its own unique style. The family’s heritage is vivid. It’s beautiful, its’ spacious, surrounded by olive trees, vineyards, sheep and wild goats 😉 The view over the sea during the sunset is breathtaking. The pool, the best thing not only for kids, it’s big enough for adults. The narrow and winding route towards the property it’s small price against what you get at the end. The huge house, huge property far away from anybody else. Just for you and for your family. The house has everything what you need. You can use also the private beach, which is 5-7 minutes by walk from the house. The beach is rockier, little bit wild, and wonderful for kayaking. Awesome! This is the most beautiful place / vacation property / we as a family have ever been. Hospitality of the owner is beyond standard needs. Thank you Marc for your professionalism.”
Read more reviews of our customers
- Please do not smoke inside the house. It is not allowed.
- The fireplace must be completely extinguished before leaving it unattended.
- Please keep the entrance barriers to the farm closed at all times to prevent sheep from escaping.
- If you leave the house alone, please remember to close all doors and windows.
- Please do not use the satellite internet for streaming or downloading large files, because it is not intended for that purpose.
- Garbage: please separate the garbage and take it with you when you leave by car, there is no garbage collection service down there!
- Water, electricity and gas consumption are included. In case of disproportionate consumptions, they will be communicated and charged separately.
- The rural and seasonal activities of Finca Can Salas will continue during your stay, trying to disturb as little as possible.
- The costs of cleaning the house at the end of the rental period are not included and must be added 425 € for this concept. For long stays, the service has to be agreed upon.
- Deposit of 150 € for use of the barbecue. The return of the deposit is conditioned to its correct use and subsequent cleaning.
- Security deposit: 750€.
- No parties, loud music or noise are allowed without prior arrangement. Please respect the tranquility of the place.
The nearest town is Esporles, 8 km away. Banyalbufar is 10.5 km away and Valldemossa is 14 km away.
There are two supermarkets in Esporles and a weekly market. Also in Palma there are plenty of supermarkets.
We are very sorry, but we cannot admit pets, as our sheep are not used to them.
Yes, in fact, we have our small jetty on the so-called “beach of Can Salas” at 5 minutes walking distance from home.